[IronPython] .NET can see Python classes?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Aug 5 22:58:32 CEST 2007

Bryan wrote:
> On 8/5/07, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Here is a full example:
>> [snip...]
>>

> this is great news.  this is very helpful... thanks.  i assume there
> is another Execute method that you can pass in a path to file or take
> a file object so we don't have to write the code in a C# string.

I believe there is an ExecuteFile method but you should check the docs.

>  what
> i would like to do is create the skeleton of C# web services, then
> have it call out to python code.  what you just showed here is that
> this is definitely possible.  also, i see that your Test was a class
> and not a pure interface.  i hope this will work with pure interfaces
> too.

I'm sure it will. I'm not sure of the exact semantics though. I know
that I have created Python classes that inherit from .NET interfaces.

Alternatively you could create an abstract C# class that implements the
interface and inherit from that.

If it does work, posting an example would be great.

Michael
http://www.ironpython.info/