[IronPython] New to Ironpython. Want to glue DLL with Python code

Hernan M Foffani hfoffani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:13:03 CEST 2007

> //////////////////
> using GrFingerXLib
> using System
>
> I was hoping that a DLL named GrFingerXLib would be available somewhere
> in my system (after the installation of the SDK) but there is none.
> There are several different files:  GrFinger.dll  and GrFingerX.dll

C#'s "using" statement has nothing to do with libraries.
It refers to a namespace, not a DLL.

For the later you need to add the corresponding reference.
In Visual Studio we usually do this at compile time by adding
the reference of the DLL to the project.  In IronPython you
add the reference at runtime.

You want to look for clr.AddReference samples in the mailing-list
archives at:
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/

Regards,
-H.