[IronPython] ipy.exe crashes after attempting import in VS 2008 command window

David.Lawler at franke.com David.Lawler at franke.com
Mon Dec 3 14:55:02 CET 2007

Hi, just a user here - but I tried this to see if I could reproduce it and
could not- sorry.

My environment: Python 2.4.4 and Python 2.5.1, Windows XP SP2, Visual
Studio Beta 2, the released version of .net 3.5 and IP 2A6.  In the VS
command line with either version of python I do not get a crash.  To be
clear I am going to the VS Beta2 Command Prompt, cd'ing to the IronPython
2A6 directory and launching ipy.exe.  Then I import sys, sys.path.append
either c:\python24\lib or c:\python25\lib and import os.  Is that what you
do when it crashes?  What version(s) of python are you trying this with?
Could it be that the length of the path after going to the VS command line
might be causing issues somewhere?  You might want to tell them what the
results of entering 'path' at the VS command prompt are.

Regards,

David