[IronPython] Python libraries

John Fletcher jfletcher007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:18:58 CET 2007

All,

I am absolutely a new bie to python and Iron python.

My target application has chunk of C# code and existing python code. I would
like to integrate both of them. I am using Visual Studio 2005 with .NET. I
understood from the blogs and on the internet that, it is possible to
integrate both of them. Please find my setup and correct me, if I am wrong.

1) C# code whose final compilation gives *.exe (Visual studio 2005 with
.NET)

2) Ironpython.dll and IronMath.dll are added as references in the C#
project.

3) C# project calls the Python Engine scripts using "Python Engine".

I would like to keep my Python Script mostly untouched using the existing
C-Python Libraries. Please do let me know, is it possible to do as mentioned
above ? If so, how to add the Python Libraries ? or any practical problems,
which I should be aware of it ?

Sorry for my ignorance, as I am completly new to scripting (:-

Cheers,
John