[IronPython] importing C Based *.dlls

Kaveripakam, Sathish Sathish.Kaveripakam at phonak.com
Fri Dec 14 13:42:51 CET 2007

I am trying to "import C-Based dll's" into the Iron python files using
import function, wherein I have path to the Standard C-python libraries
is added.

Ex:

import sys
import os

if __name__ == "__main__":

sys.path.append("C:/IronPython/IronPythonBinary-V1.1/IronPython-1.1-Bin/
IronPython-1.1/Tutorial")

  import clr

clr.AddReferenceToFileAndPath("C:/IronPython/IronPythonBinary-V1.1/IronP
ython-1.1-Bin/IronPython-1.1/Tutorial/csextend.dll")
  import Simple as t_Simple
  import c_dll

In the above file I am able to import the C# file , but when execution
comes to c_dll, it complains as "No module named c_dll".

Can anyone let me know, if the C based dll's can be imported in Iron
python environment ? If not, any work arounds available for the fix ?

Regards

********************
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent,
you are hereby notified that reading, distributing, or otherwise
disseminating, copying or taking any action based on the contents of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this
transmission is illegal under law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by telephone [at the number indicated above/
on +41 58 928 0101] as soon as possible and then destroy all copies of this
transmission.