[IronPython] Any way to get IronPython on Mono to have a usable command line?

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 10 09:37:51 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to run IronPython on Mono.  I've got IPCE installed as
included with Mono 1.2.3 on both Windows and Linux, but both versions
are behaving strangely compared with ipy.exe on the Microsoft runtime
(how do you refer to it anyway?)

On Windows I get doubled characters as I type and ^@ inserted when I
press the control key, and on Linux I get command-line history but the
delete key and other usual keys like ^U don't work, just inserting ^?,
^U, etc. instead.

Is there an alternate way I can run it so I can at least delete, and
preferably get history too?

Thanks,

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>