[IronPython] Loading XAML files

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 12 04:10:21 CET 2007

At 05:05 PM 1/11/2007, Gutfreund, Yechezkal wrote (in part)

>I am using Blend to create XAML files and testing out the design there. Then but all my code is done via Python using the Tutorials "avalon.py" module.
>
>It works fine. Except for one annoying glitch.
>
>But for some reason the LoadXAML() call chokes on this:

>'Class' attribute does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml' namespace. Line '6' Position '2'.

I know almost nothing about XAML, but that error seems to be coming not from anything related to IronPython but rather from some .Net XML parser.  Have you attempted to confirm the validity of the file by loading using any other development tool?

An XML validation tool should be able to determine the accuracy of the statement that there's no "Class" attribute in that namespace.

(Is it possible that the attribute name is "class" not "Class" ?)

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp