[IronPython] Full forms editor with VS Express?

Mike Krell mbk.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 18:36:53 CET 2007

On 1/12/07, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> > [How] much work does the IPy subclass take on?  How much of the dialog event
> > handlers is handled in IPy?
> >
> None. :-)

I think you meant "All."  :-)

> We merely do the layout in the forms editor and make the components
> protected rather than private. *All* the logic is done with IronPython.
>
> Admittedly this works well for dialogs where you have no sub windows
> etc, but you could design these separately.

OK, so if I understand you correctly, you don't even define event
handlers from the forms manager.  You just expose all the controls on
the dialog by making them protected instead of private.  This allows
you to subclass the dialog from within IPy, and the IPy code defines
and implements the event handlers.  Is that right?

   Mike