[IronPython] IronPython 2.0 Alpha 2

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Mon Jul 2 17:49:01 CEST 2007

This is a bug.  Unfortunately it looks like one of the version numbers didn't get updated.  In Src\Microsoft.Scripting\Hosting\PlatformAdapationLayer.cs there are currently some version numbers hard-coded until we get a better configuration story:

PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:            _assemblyFullNames.Add("microsoft.scripting", "Microsoft.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.100, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a");

PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:            _assemblyFullNames.Add("microsoft.scripting.vestigial", "Microsoft.Scripting.Vestigial, Version=1.0.0.100, PublicKeyToken
=b03f5f7f11d50a3a");
PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:            _assemblyFullNames.Add("ironpython", "IronPython, Version=2.0.0.100, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a");
PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:            _assemblyFullNames.Add("ironpython.modules", "IronPython.Modules, Version=2.0.0.100, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a");

Those should all be .200 for the alpha 2 release.

We have a better script for automatically updating these so this shouldn't be an issue w/ future releases (and hopefully these hard coded strings will go away fairly soon anyway).  Sorry for the trouble.