[IronPython] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jul 10 22:25:54 CEST 2007

Does Kamaelia use the new syntax as supported via PEP-342 (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0342/).  That’s the particular piece that we don’t support and is new to 2.5 – we do support generators when you use yield as a statement instead of as an expression (in other words, we don’t support the send method on the generator – only next).  It’s hard to tell as 1.5.1 was released shortly after Python 2.5 and I don’t see any statements about which version of Python is required.

Looking at all the various things it supports I would be shocked if there wasn’t some use of the C-based extension API (which would prevent, at least some portions, from working).