[IronPython] [Kamaelia-list] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:12:46 CEST 2007

On 7/10/07, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
>  Does Kamaelia use the new syntax as supported via PEP-342 (
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0342/).  That's the particular piece
> that we don't support and is new to 2.5 – we do support generators when
> you use yield as a statement instead of as an expression (in other words, we
> don't support the send method on the generator – only next).  It's hard to
> tell as 1.5.1 was released shortly after Python 2.5 and I don't see any
> statements about which version of Python is required.

I believe that Kamaelia is compliant with Python 2.4 forward.

> Looking at all the various things it supports I would be shocked if there
> wasn't some use of the C-based extension API (which would prevent, at least
> some portions, from working).

I should have clarified.  Axon is the underlying concurrency framework, and
if not mistaken, is written in pure Python.  I believe Kamaelia (which sits
on top of Axon) in and of itself is written in pure Python, but the plugins
are heavily built upon the C-based extension API.  I'll dig deeper and find
out for sure.  I'll also attempt to get Axon running via IP and report back
the result.

Thanks for your help, Dino!

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |