[IronPython] Kamaelia and IronPython (was: Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app)

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:42:26 CEST 2007

On 7/10/07, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Very cool!

Yup :)

And I guess this means we have a bug relating to not that we need to figure
> out in v2.0 J.

Yup :D  But none-the-less, the fact that this works thus far on 1.1 (and at
some point in the future on 2.0) opens up some exciting possibilities in
regards to gaining the concurrency benefits that the underlying Axon library
provides while at the same time the ability to build some Kamaelia
components for IronPython that take full advantage of all of the underlying
feature set.  Off the top of my head, extending the IronTunes sample (@
http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Samples&referringTitle=Home)
to incorporate P2P audio streaming ( e.g. personal radio stations that you
could then access from another web-enabled device) would be a fun project.
And integrating MonoTorrent into the mix (which is now *EXTREMELY* fast and
reliable (see: http://monotorrent.com/) should present some interesting
opportunities to mimic some of the C-based extensions that wouldn't work via
IP.

Michael: Have any project ideas for extending Kamaelia into the .NET realm?
What about tutorials for folks wanting to get their feet wet with Kamaelia?

To everyone else, there's a Kamaelia Cookbook[1] and a recently added Ideas
page[2].  From my own experience, Kamaelia is both fun and exciting to work
with once you realize how much power is at your fingertips.

[1] http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Cookbook
[2] http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Developers/Ideas

--
/M:D