[IronPython] Kamaelia and IronPython (was: Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app)

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:25:31 CEST 2007

On 7/11/07, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am playing with this now.  In the mean time, one problem I ran into that
> requires the yet to be implemented nested yield statements in IP 2.0,
>
> IronPython 1.1 (1.1) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
> > Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File HTTPClient, line unknown, in Initialize
> > SyntaxError: yield in more than one try blocks
> > (/Users/mdavid/Projects/extf.googlecode.com/vendor/IPCE-r6/Lib/Kamaelia/Internet/TCPClient.py,
> > line 222)

So I ran into the same issue,

m-david-petersons-computer:~/Projects/extf.googlecode.com/vendor/IPCE-r6
> mdavid$ mono ipy.exe SimpleSwarm.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File SimpleSwarm, line unknown, in Initialize
> SyntaxError: yield in more than one try blocks
> (/Users/mdavid/Projects/extf.googlecode.com/vendor/IPCE-r6/Lib/Kamaelia/Internet/TCPClient.py,
> line 222)

I also ran into an issue in which Sylvain so kindly helped me track down,

from Kamaelia.File.UnixProcess import UnixProcess
> Pipeline(
>     SubscribeTo("RADIO"),
>     UnixProcess("mplayer -"),
> ).run()

But this is a platform specific issue rather than an issue with IP directly.

So at this stage, and for the time being, it looks like any type of TCP
communications won't work.  Hopefully that will change soon enough :D

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |