[IronPython] dir and urllib (utter newbie questions)

David Seruyange idmkid at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 17:59:47 CEST 2007

I'm very new to Python and had a few questions.  Does dir() only work from the ipy interpreter?  If I attempt the following:

>>> from System import *
>>> dir()

It sucesssfully prints everything available but when I try the two lines of code from a script and run:

ipy test.py

Nothing prints.

One more question: does urllib come with Iron Python?  I'm aware that I can use .NET classes such as System.Net.WebClient but I guess I was trying to be pythonic.

Thanks much,

David