[IronPython] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jul 15 11:24:03 CEST 2007

JoeSox wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Chris Parnin <gameweld at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've seen several examples of how to embed IronPython 1.X in .NET.
>> (e.g. IronTextBox) However, the architecture has changed greatly with
>> 2.X.  Does anyone have a good example or pointers on hosting an
>> interactive IronPython session in a .NET app?
>>

> One of the reasons why I haven't updated IronTextBox is that
> IronPython 2 is in Alpha.  I decided to wait until it was Beta.

I am eagerly awaiting both the next release of IronPython 2 and a
version of IronTextBox that supports it. :-)

> On
> top of that, Python is set for a major version upgrade soon, so I
> don't know how this will effect IronPython's development.  I am
> wondering if others are thinking the same?

If you mean Python 3... I wouldn't worry about it. Python 3 won't be in
Beta until next year, and probably the middle of next year. It won't be
the 'standard' version of Python for at least a couple of years and
possibly more...

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml