[IronPython] Getting attribute of new-style bound methods overriding built-in types

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jul 17 18:11:12 CEST 2007

Thanks for the report Seo.  I've opened bug #11760 (http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11760).  Strangely in v2.0 on Windows this works for me but I think it's because you choose __str__ and we end up finding it in Method instead of hitting the class.  This one is actually fairly easy to fix (we just need to go to Ops.GetAttr instead of doing the direct cast to PythonFunction).  That makes it a great candidate for including in a future v1.x release as well as v2.0.