[Users] Mailing List Archives Gone Private ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jul 24 03:32:48 CEST 2007

Michael Foord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It seems like the archive for this mailing list just became private... wtf?
>
> If you go to the list page:

> and click on the archives link, it takes you to a sign-in page and is
> now for subscribers only.
>
> That means that it won't be indexed by google and we can't search it...
>
> I'm sure this is a mistake - unintended consequence of a mailman upgrade
> perhaps?

As a new subscriber I see that the messages from this list appear with
the rather unhelpful list designation "[Users]" in the subject line. It
may be too late to amend this now everyone already joined up has set
their filters appropriately, but "[IronPython Users]" would be much more
user-friendly (and slightly less egocentric ;-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119