[IronPython] Py 2.5 bindings for SVN 1.4.4

Jon Nicholson nicholson.jon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 23:52:17 CEST 2007

I'd like to use IronPython 1.1 to write a deployment script for an upcoming
web project. All of the files for the site are stored in an SVN repository.
I'm wondering if IronPython is capable of interfacing with the Python
2.5bindings for SVN
1.4.4. I have everything installed on a sandbox, but so far I have not had
any luck so far--but then, I am new to Python (Iron, Bronze, what have you).
Does anyone know of a way to do this? As a follow-up question, should I use
the SVN API or some other method? All I am really looking to do is read the
files to be deployed from an XML file, find the latest version of the
corresponding files in the repository, and then FTP these up to the web
servers. I basically have been trying to decide among the following three

1) Use IronPython and the SVN API.
2) Use IronPython and Powershell to interact with the svn executable.
3) Use IronPython to interact with the console and issue commands to the svn
executable.

Any thoughts on which of these make the most sense?

Jon