[IronPython] Py 2.5 bindings for SVN 1.4.4

Jon Nicholson nicholson.jon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:34:36 CEST 2007

Okay, that was what I suspected. I'll take a look at the SVN.NET project
Curt mentioned and also System.Diagnostics.Process. I had forgotten about
that namespace, but now that you bring it up, I think that will probably be
sufficient for what we're doing.

Thank you for the help,
Jon

On 7/24/07, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Hello Jon,
>
> Almost inevitably the Python SVN bindings will be for CPython and *not*
> work for IronPython (but check this).
>
> Interacting with the executable will be fine for many purposes (we do
> this a bit in our build process to get revision numbers and checkin
> messages etc). No need to go through Powershell though. Use
> System.Diagnostics.Process
>
> Otherwise look for a .NET SVN interface.
>
> Michael Foord
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml
>
> Jon Nicholson wrote:
> > I'd like to use IronPython 1.1 to write a deployment script for an
> > upcoming web project. All of the files for the site are stored in an
> > SVN repository. I'm wondering if IronPython is capable of interfacing
> > with the Python 2.5 bindings for SVN 1.4.4. I have everything
> > installed on a sandbox, but so far I have not had any luck so far--but
> > then, I am new to Python (Iron, Bronze, what have you). Does anyone
> > know of a way to do this? As a follow-up question, should I use the
> > SVN API or some other method? All I am really looking to do is read
> > the files to be deployed from an XML file, find the latest version of
> > the corresponding files in the repository, and then FTP these up to
> > the web servers. I basically have been trying to decide among the
> > following three options:
> >
> > 1) Use IronPython and the SVN API.
> > 2) Use IronPython and Powershell to interact with the svn executable.
> > 3) Use IronPython to interact with the console and issue commands to
> > the svn executable.
> >
> > Any thoughts on which of these make the most sense?
> >
> > Jon

Jon Nicholson
nicholson.jon at gmail.com
http://reformedworldview.solideogloria.com