[IronPython] System.Reflection.Assembly finding python modules but no classes..

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Jul 27 17:28:16 CEST 2007

On 7/27/07, Matt Williams <matt at geneity.co.uk> wrote:

> This code is attempting to instantiate my IronPython classes dynamically
> from Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.GenericFactory.
>
> It would appear that the factory is making calls to load the IronPython
> assembly, then using reflection to load/instantiate and return the
> specified class.

Unfortunately, this won't work because Python classes aren't CLR classes --
they can't be, because Python classes are mutable in ways that CLR classes
aren't.  To load a Python-implemented class via reflection, you'd have to
front-end it with a CLR class implemented in C#/VB/etc.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org