[IronPython] IronPython and Visual Studio Shell

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:28:52 CEST 2007

Is there a particular reason why it would _need_ to be available for the
express editions?  This is a free product that ships standalone from VS.NET,
so there wouldn't be any need to have VS.NET installed.  Given that there is
a sample that showcases IronPython running inside of the VSShell, I would
assume that someone, somewhere will take the ball and run with it,
developing a complete stand-alone IronPython devtool.  Of course, they may
not, but in an of itself, the present capabilities of the IronPython VS
Integration would still present a nice, free version of an IP dev tool.