[IronPython] Newline oddities

Thane Plummer thane at tkpcorp.com
Tue Jun 12 16:43:53 CEST 2007

IPY.exe 1.1 and 2.0 both emit the newline sequence as:

"\r\r\n"  (hex 0x000D 0x000D 0x000A)

Instead of the more standard sequence of:

"\r\n"    (hex 0x000D 0x000A)

This behavior is not seen in -X:TabCompletion mode in IPY 1.1.

I know that there are a lot of irregularities in representing the newline
sequence, but this is a new one for me. Is this behavior intended?

--Thane

P.S. I've "fixed" the behavior so my IDE works nicely, otherwise it doesn't
recognize the newline.

Thane Plummer

TKP Corp.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.