[IronPython] stack overflow issue

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 19 23:21:17 CEST 2007

Benjamin West wrote:
> On 6/19/07, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Benjamin West wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6014
>>>
>>> Anyone have guidelines on avoiding this kind of thing, or if there is
>>> a fix that will make this a non-issue?
>>>

>> Hmm... well the super call isn't necessary with Form and __init__. Does
>> that help?
>>

> Why not?  This is just a test case.  In my application, __init__ does
> other things that are required.  I also like the way ironpython treats
> keyword arguments for controls.

The call from AppForm to DefaultForm is needed, but the Form __init__ is
effectively a no-op (construction is done in __new__). So the call from
DefualtForm to Form is unnecessary.

In your case the args and keywargs are actually applied in __new__ -
which you haven't overridden...

OTOH - I can see that there may be cases where this is a genuine problem.

Michael Foord