[IronPython] Implicit Cast to Float

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jun 22 16:51:53 CEST 2007

Dino Viehland wrote:
> Is there only one implicit conversion?  If so I think you should be able to call the op_Implicit method directly on XDate, e.g: XDate.op_Implicit(d).
>
> If there's more than one I'm not sure how you'd select the one you want to call off the top of my head.

Unfortunately I've tried that already, and it appears not to exist:

 >>> import clr
 >>> clr.AddReference('ZedGraph')
 >>> from ZedGraph import XDate
 >>> d = XDate(1995, 1, 1)
 >>> XDate.op_Implicit(d)
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: type object 'XDate' has no attribute 'op_Implicit'
 >>> XDate.op_Implicit
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: type object 'XDate' has no attribute 'op_Implicit'

Michael
http://www.ironpython.info