[IronPython] bug in commands module

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 1 08:34:20 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:42:28PM +0900, Stuart Midgley wrote:
> Hmmm... I appear to be getting an error inside the commands module
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File main, line unknown, in executestr
>    File q, line unknown, in __init__
>    File q, line unknown, in cache
>    File commands, line unknown, in getstatusoutput
> WindowsError: The system can not find command '{'
>
> now, I suspect its got something to do with (from the python docs for
> getstatusoutput )
>
> 	cmd is actually run as { cmd ; } 2>&1

The commands module is Unix-only and more or less deprecated; it
doesn't work on Windows in CPython either, so it's not an
IronPython-specific issue.

<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-August/047779.html>

Unfortunately it seems the subprocess module doesn't work on
IronPython either because it wants to use Win32 APIs directly.  You'll
have to use os.popen directly, or a native API.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>