[IronPython] DataGridView and Ironpython

luismg luismgz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:28:21 CET 2007

I'm having problems with this control.
I tried to replicate many examples of datagridview usage from C# to
Ironpython, but so far I failed misserably...
I wonder if it's currently possible to use this control from
ironpython.
I tried displaying simple collections (python's, arraylists,
generics...) but none of them seem to work.

I'm not talking about object instances, which I know they cannot be
displayed due to some properties problem, but simple records from
collections.

I tried setting different collections as datasources or adding arrays
as rows, but nothing seemed to work.
I don't know much about informs or databinding, so I'm probably
missing something...

If possible, I would highly appreciate if someone shows me a simple
example.
Also, I'd like to know if someone succeded displaying data on a
datagridview while using the dbapi wrapper instead of plain ADO.NET.

Thanks in advance!
Luis