[IronPython] Fix for bug #8073: Implement os.access

Rachel Hestilow rachest at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 9 01:27:05 CET 2007

Attached is a patch which implements nt.access. This should allow os.access to work when using the Python 2.4 os module.

Notes:
* The fix only takes the file's ReadOnly status into account, in order to be compatible with CPython's behavior on Windows. I also have a different version of this patch which also consults the ACL, but seeing as how neither CPython's os.access nor the CRT's _access honors ACL rules, I decided compatibility was more important.
* The patch was generated against a recent source snapshot of the 1.1 tree.
* The original bug for this is at http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8073

Cheers,
Rachel