[IronPython] C#, Types and IronPython

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Mon Mar 12 09:26:07 CET 2007

Reflector is your friend:

	http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/

Whether you see int or System.Int32 in C# code is a matter of aesthetics on the part of the person who wrote the code.  As mentioned elsewhere, int is defined in C# as an alias for the type identifier System.Int32 (see below).  The predefined types are listed in 8.2.1 of the C# spec:

	http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-334.pdf

The predefined Simple types are in 11.1.4:

	Reserved word	Aliased type

	sbyte 		System.SByte
	byte			System.Byte
	short			System.Int16