[IronPython] Using python docutils from C# - difference between shell and embedded engine?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Mar 13 17:17:49 CET 2007

Could it be that you have 1st chance exceptions enabled and this exception is actually handled and recovered from?  Python programs tend to throw exceptions more than your typical C# app.  Given that stepping out seems to allow the program to complete this sounds like what's happening.

You can disable 1st chance exceptions w/ Debug->Exceptions and then uncheck anything checked in the "Thrown" column.  Leave "User Unhandled" checked.