[IronPython] Questions about IronPython re Forrester Survey

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Fri May 18 17:04:31 CEST 2007

Time is short and I'm still looking for answers to some questions about
IronPython, so that it makes a good showing in the Forrester survey.

1) How is the project governed?  How does the IronPython community make
decisions on what goes into a release?

2) How many committers to the IronPython source are there?  Open to outside
people or just Microsoft?

3) Does IronPython have a formal defined release plan?  Every 6-months?
Whenever it feels right?

4) Some crude idea of how many new major and minor features were added in the
last release?  This is to give some idea of its current rate of
evolution/stability in features.

5) Does IronPython yet run under Mono?  Basically, is IronPython today still
tied to Windows or is it cross-platform?

Thanks for any one-line answers you can dash off to me today.

Jeff Rush
Python Advocacy Coordinator