[IronPython] Problem stepping into functions in debugger with F11

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:04:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm running a simple program below. I'm trying to "step into" the "add"
function. But Visual Studio 2005 and the Microsoft CLR Debugger (from the
.Net 2.0 SDK) both complain that:

"There is no source code available for the current location."

They then offer me to view the disassembly.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Note that I do have "Enable Just My Code" turned on (which is the default).

Thanks,
Julien Couvreur
http://blog.monstuff.com

Repro steps:
1) save the code below to debugger.ipy
2) Run ipy.exe debugger.ipy
3) You should get a prompt to start debugging the code with your favorite
debugger, accept it
4) The code should be stopped at the breakpoint, you can step forward with
F10 and then F11
5) Trying to step into the call to the "add" method fails as described above

def add(a,b):
    return a+b

import System.Diagnostics
System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break()