[IronPython] how to apply guid

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:39:40 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We don't yet support defining attributes from Python.  It's a common feature request.
>
> For that you'll need to go to a static language like C# :(.

I'm not so interested in defining attributes as applying them.  My C#
book says attributes are just metadata, inspectable by using
reflection.  It also suggests that you can programmatically modify
metadata.  Is it possible to use reflection to apply these attributes
as necessary?  I realize that it would be a bit ugly, but I'm
especially interested in doing COM interop stuff with IronPython.

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to strongname an
IronPython assembly created using pyc.py.  Is there any way to do
this?

I'm not necessarily looking for syntactic sugar using decorators or
anything... just looking for a way to get it done.  The sugar will
come later.

-Ben