[IronPython] Implement Abstract Class and Interface

hieristda at gmx.de hieristda at gmx.de
Sun May 27 13:34:33 CEST 2007

Hello,

i want to implement an abstract class and an interface in ironpython but it does not work. Here is a code sample.

class IronPythonSample(MarshalByRefObject, MyInterface):
    "Description of Class"
    var= None

    def getName(self):
        return "Iron Python Sample"

    def .....

I implement all needed methods and i can compile the file. But the resulting exe does not serializable and does not implement MyInterface. I have seen this in the ObjectBrowser of Visual Studio.

Is it not possible to implement abstract classes and interfaces in IronPython? MyInterface is implemented in C#.

Thanks
Maik

PS I used the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (with IronPython Addin).