[IronPython] Console

Szurek, John JohnSzurek at clearchannel.com
Wed May 30 03:56:31 CEST 2007

I'm having a bit of an adjustment in moving from Python to IronPython
and hope that somebody can help.....

The console in Python is a real Windows window.  When I run Python in
the Python console I get an output window that is a real Windows window.
All of that means that I can cut and paste freely into the code window
and I can cut and paste freely from the results window.  The IronPython
"console" is not a console at all, it is the command line.  It is clumsy
and clunky and virtually unusable unless you are pre-Windows and happen
to like command lines!  Kind of ironic, I think --- the open source
community builds a language that runs natively in a Windows environment
while Microsoft builds an "improvement" on the language that runs at the
command line!

So, am I missing something here?       Thanks --- John