[IronPython] FW: FW: DLR question

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 15:41:41 CET 2007

Ben.Young at sungard.com wrote:

>Thanks! It's basically a very python like language, but where all
>indentation structures call functions that return the representative
>AST, instead of being hard coded (I guess it's a bit like lisp macros,
>without the separate expansion stage). This makes for a very small
>grammar, and easy addition of new functionality (i.e the "with"
>statement can be implemented in the language itself)

Sounds like something I have been thinking of (except yours is taken to
the next level). I was thinking of using something like ANTLR as the
parser and then doing an AST transform to generate a valid Python AST -
allowing me to experiment with adding new language features as syntactic
sugar.

Your idea is better of course. :-)

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord