[IronPython] Problems with 8-bit strings

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat Nov 24 21:54:30 CET 2007

I think the construction w/ characters > 0x80 is a bug.  But the returning of unicode vs. 8-bit strings is just a display issue.  IronPython only has unicode strings and is one of the big differences between CPython and IronPython.  If you haven't already I'll open a bug when I'm back after Thanksgiving.