[IronPython] Interfacing multiple Iron python scripts

Kaveripakam, Sathish Sathish.Kaveripakam at phonak.com
Wed Nov 28 16:18:01 CET 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate the C# code with multiple Iron Python scripts.

The idea is:                    C# code: main.cs calls the main function
in mainpyfile.py. The mainpyfile.py has a call a function SetUP which is
present in an  another ironpython script called Patch1.

The working behavior is:  C# code calls the mainpyfile.py as expected,
but when mainpyfile.py tries to call the function in Patch1.py, I
encountered a run time error saying Patch1 is not found. I have used
"import Patch1" in mainpyfile.py file for the visibility of SetUp
function in mainpyfile

Please do let me know, if there are any concerns in interfacing multiple
Iron Python  files with C# code using .NET frame work? I am using Iron
python 1.1 version using Visual Studio 2K.

Please find the description of the files:

main.cs:

static void Main(string[] rawArgs)
{

 PythonEngine engine = new PythonEngine();
 engine.Sys.argv = List.Make("C:/TESTPROJS/Project3/Project1/");
 EngineModule engineModule = engine.CreateModule(
  "__main__", new Dictionary<string, object>(), true);

 engine.DefaultModule = engineModule;

 string path =
Path.Combine("C:/TESTPROJS/Project3/Project1/","mainpyfile.py" );

  engine.ExecuteFile(path);
}

mainpyfile.py:

import Patch1

def main():
        print 'IN MAIN FUNCTION'
        Patch1.SetUp()

if __name__ == "__main__":
       main()

Patch1.py:

def SetUp:
      print 'PATCH-1'

Regards

********************
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent,
you are hereby notified that reading, distributing, or otherwise
disseminating, copying or taking any action based on the contents of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this
transmission is illegal under law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by telephone [at the number indicated above/
on +41 58 928 0101] as soon as possible and then destroy all copies of this
transmission.