[IronPython] Compilation error

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:42:36 CEST 2007

With latest Mono with some local changes (sorry that means you won't
be able to reproduce this) I get compilation error with latest
IronPython from CodePlex.

IronPython/Runtime/Types/ComDispatch/DispCallable.cs(42,21): error
CS0177: The out parameter `parameterModifiers' must be assigned to
before control leaves the current method

Indeed, in IronPython.Runtime.Types.ComDispatch.GetArgsForCall, the
out parameter is never assigned if it returns early because
countOfArgs is zero.

Doesn't csc catch this? If so that would be a csc bug I think.

A trivial fix is available from FePy SVN has patch-cs0177.
https://fepy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fepy/trunk/patches/latest/

--
Seo Sanghyeon