[IronPython] Compilation error

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat Oct 6 01:28:30 CEST 2007

BTW my simple repro is bogus - it contains no members and section 5.3 of the C# spec defines value types as being definitely assigned when all their members are assigned.  The real issue seems to be when the value-type is defined in another assembly and all the members are private.  Once those conditions are met csc then doesn't require the assignment.

I'm still waiting for a response on that last bit.