[IronPython] Hosting a python engine inside a windows form from IronPython code.

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:24:04 CEST 2007

On 10/10/07, Tim Riley <riltim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for some direction for running a GUI based IronPython
> console from IronPython code. I have found a sample of hosting
> IronPython in IronPython that Mr. Foord had created but it doesn't
> help me out with figuring out how to tie it to a RichTextBox. Has
> anyone done this and if so do they have any pointers they are willing
> to share?

I am the author of IronTextBox
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/irontextbox.asp
which is currently only for IP1

I have started an IP2 version looking at many different ways to due it
but I have concluded to wait until IP2 is at least beta.  Even then, I
do wish IP2 was easier to integrate with textbox and richedit
controls.  But I really haven't invested much time into IronTextBox 2
so I still might be able to pull something off in the next few months.
To be honest I really haven't been using IP2 until recently.  Ideally,
I would like as close as the Visual Studio IronPython Console as
possible (color coding autocomplete etc.) but I was unable to find a
hook at the time I was looking.  But then the IronTextBox user would
have to have Visual Studio installed and that really isn't ideal.
--
Later, JoeSox