[IronPython] Announcement: Project to get some CPython C extensions running under IronPython

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Oct 12 20:37:42 CEST 2007

On 10/12/07, Giles Thomas <giles.thomas at resolversystems.com> wrote:

> What is the best architecture?  We're thinking of this as being a bit of
> C# managed code to interface with the C extension, and a thin Python wrapper
> on top.  The module's existing C extension and Python code would "sandwich"
> this layer.  Let us know if this is a silly idea :-)

My two cents would be this: using Managed C++, try for source compatibility
first.  It will almost certainly be less work than binary compatibility --
especially given your restricted test case -- and you're not likely to do
much coding that wouldn't be needed for binary compatibility anyway.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org