[IronPython] How to find class and module variables when debugging IronPython

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Oct 17 21:58:20 CEST 2007

Haibo's blog has some info on this: http://blogs.msdn.com/haibo_luo/archive/2007/08/03/4210344.aspx

It has a debugger proxy which enables old-class members to show up in VS.  For other class members you'll generally look in self.__dict__ or self.__class__.__dict__ for class members.

I don't think there's a great way to look at module globals right now. Technically if you know the module type you could find it's static __dict__ field but there's no easy way to find the module type.