[IronPython] [python] Re: Announcement: Project to getsomeCPython C extensions running under IronPython

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Oct 18 00:21:23 CEST 2007

Best if Michael et al chime in, but my impression was that they're working under the assumption that you cannot get C++ code to compile to pure managed (False, use C++/CLI as recommended on the Mono site), and that it must *compile* under Mono (laudable, but I doubt it's necessary -- I've never bothered to recompile the Python Libraries).

A larger worry I have is the possibility that some of this will end up being unsafe code, at which point you will have difficulties in full trust scenarios, such as web servers.