[IronPython] dynamic languages and .net 1.0

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Oct 24 18:38:55 CEST 2007

While reflection was there one thing that was missing is good dynamic code generation support.  We got that in v2.0 in the form of DynamicMethods.  That lets us spin up little snippets of code that are fully collectible by the GC so it really enables a lot of scenarios that were difficult or painful before (and interesting enough one impetus for that was SQL server - not exactly what you think of when you think dynamic languages :)).