[IronPython] dynamic languages and .net 1.0

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:22:22 CEST 2007

2007/10/25, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com>:
> While reflection was there one thing that was missing is good dynamic code
> generation support.  We got that in v2.0 in the form of DynamicMethods.
> That lets us spin up little snippets of code that are fully collectible by
> the GC so it really enables a lot of scenarios that were difficult or
> painful before.

To appreciate the importance of LCG(Lightweight Code Generation) in
.NET 2.0, you may want to read this piece by a JRuby developer:

Lessons learned from JRuby compiler work

His first agenda is "We need lightweight method objects". His
explanation gives an idea of "that were difficult or painful before".

Seo Sanghyeon