[IronPython] how to make idlelib work in ipy?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Oct 31 17:11:02 CET 2007

If you have VS Pro you can get the VS SDK sample which provides intellisence, project support, etc... in a rather experimental form.

There's also SharpDevelop which as of earlier this month provides IronPython integration: http://community.sharpdevelop.net/blogs/mattward/archive/2007/10/21/IronPythonIntegrationInSharpDevelop22.aspx

It looks like idlelib depends on at least Tkinter (which depends on the native extension module _tkinter) so we don't currently support idlelib.  The experimental work being done by Michael Foord, Resolver, and others (http://groups.google.com/group/c-extensions-for-ironpython) might make this a possibility in the future.  But I'm guessing they would welcome contributors :)