[IronPython] Linux Support

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Wed Oct 31 19:44:31 CET 2007

It's worth mentioning that there is a project to get CPython C
extensions working under IronPython:
<http://groups.google.com/group/c-extensions-for-ironpython/>

The list is quiet at the moment, but work is going on... hopefully we'll
have something more to report soon.

Cheers,

Giles

Michael Foord wrote:
> Evan Klitzke wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been looking at IronPython a bit lately as an alternative to
>> CPython.  I've had some difficulties, however, getting it working on
>> Linux. I've just spent a few minutes trying to get it running under
>> mono, and I haven't been that impressed. Among various problems:
>>

> Hello Evan,
>
> Linux and Mono support is through the FePy project.
>
> http://fepy.sourceforge.net
>
> It addresses the build concerns you raise and provides some modules that
> don't come with the standard IronPython build.
>
> You can't use CPython extensions (the ones written in C anyway) with
> IronPython though, and should look for .NET equivalents.
>
> All the best,
>

> Michael
> http://www.manning.com/foord

Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

We're hiring! http://www.resolversystems.com/jobs/

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK