[IronPython] IronRuby and Ruby.NET Labor Day Weekend *HACKFEST* Extravaganza

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:36:21 CEST 2007

NOTE TO IRONPYTHON LIST: There doesn't seem to be an IronRuby list quite
yet, so I figured it best to Cc the IP list to try and locate those who have
interest in both (meaning both IP and IR) to participate in the event
mentioned in the subject line.  If you're annoyed, mad, and/or in other ways
wish *VERY BAD THINGS* upon my head for littering your inbox with "junk"
mail, two words: Byte me! err, wait, no, thats not what I meant.  Instead,
what I meant was: I'm sorry. :D (could you ever find it your heart to
forgive me?)

To the rest of you (which means those on the RubyDOTNET and URUG (Utah Ruby
Users Group) mailing lists as well as those of you on the IP list not
wishing *VERY BAD THINGS* upon my head):

via
http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2007/09/ironruby_and_rubynet_labor_day.html

> So with the release<http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2007/08/john_lamironruby_and_so_a_new.html>of IronRuby
> to RubyForge <http://rubyforge.org/projects/ironruby> and opening things
> up for community contribution (you will need to sign a contributors
> agreement before they will be able to accept your contributions, but that's
> completely normal and an understood necessity by anyone who has contributed
> to a large open source project before) what better way to celebrate than by
> throwing a *HACKFEST* Extravaganza?
>
> Of course, while we're at it, why not spend some time helping out with the
> *other* .NET Ruby runtime and compiler project, Ruby.NET<http://rubydotnetcompiler.googlecode.com/>
> ?
>
> So without further adieu,
>
> This Saturday… day, day < Sunday... day, day, and < Monday... day, day
> *ONLY*, the IronRuby and Ruby.NET Labor Day Weekend *HACKFEST*
> Extravaganza is coming to an IRC channel near you,
>
> irc://irc.freenode.net/#ironruby
>
> - and -
>
> irc://irc.freenode.net/#ruby.net
>
> [Said in the deepest, most stern Monster Truck Weekend announcer voice I
> can conjure up] BE THEEEERRE…

If you know of any other people and/or groups who might have interest in the
above (unless by "above" you interpret that to mean those you would wish
*VERY BAD THINGS* upon my head.  If yes, please disregard what follows...),
if you wouldn't mind forwarding this on to them that would be *GREAT*

Thanks!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson