[IronPython] IronRuby and Ruby.NET Labor Day Weekend *HACKFEST* Extravaganza

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:16:43 CEST 2007

On 9/1/07, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI >  bootstrap utilities for building on Mono (currently doesn't build,
> though its close)  http://mdavid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/IronRuby/  (run
> ./build.sh to get the make; make install tarball)

Now it does.  Access the pre-configured tarball @
http://mdavid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/IronRuby/IronRuby-svnr24M.tar.gz or
checkout the above SVN folder, run ./build.sh and then untar the generated
tarball and run,

make; sudo make install

which will enable you to run,

[mdavid at localhost ~]$ rbx -X:TabCompletion -X:ColorfulConsole
IronRuby Pre-Alpha (1.0.0.0) on .NET 2.0.50727.42

and get the same result as above.

Still *PLENTY* of bugs to work through but this will at least allow anyone
who wants to help track down bugs as they relate to both IronRuby and Mono
(or at least bugs related to running IronRuby on Mono) to do just that.

Happy Hunting!  I'm updating nuXleus (http://nuxleus.com) with all of the
latest bits from IronRuby and Ruby.NET (IronPython has been integrated for
quite some time now), so for those who want to play around with
GNU/Linux/Mono inside of a virtualized instance (VMware, VPC/Server,
QEMU/Q:, Parallels, or an Amazon AMI) running on their host environment I'll
update this post when the update is complete and ready for download.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |