[IronPython] IP2a4 and/or Mono Bug? > "no implementation for interface method Microsoft.Scripting.Types.ISuperDynamicObject::get_Dict() ..."

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 16:20:03 CEST 2007

On 9/8/07, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to come back to this tomorrow and begin to file bugs as, if,
> and where necessary but in the mean time if someone from MSFT could verify
> what seems to be the obvious -- that's there's "no implementation for
> interface method Microsoft.Scripting.Types.ISuperDynamicObject::get_Dict()
> in class IronPython.NewTypes.System.Object_1" as opposed to this being a
> Mono specific issue you could spare me the pain and suffering of having to
> fire up a Windows VM and test it for myself.

Oddly enough (well it seems odd to me, anyway) the problem I am currently
encountering with IPY2a4 on Windows is,

PS C:\Users\m.david\Projects\IronPython-2.0A4> .\ipy.exe SimpleSwarm.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File SimpleSwarm.py, line 27, in Initialize
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##2
> ImportError: No module named likefile

So it seems that the subject line issue is specific to Mono.  Will re-build
from source to see if that helps, but in the mean time:  A quick Google for
'likefile.py' turns up some IRC logs that may help pinpoint this issue to
something specific to Windows that happens with cPython as well.  Once I
return from b-fast I plan to hit up the Kamaelia IRC channel to see if I can
get to the bottom of this, but wanted to quickly update this thread with the
above info.

Will update again once more info is available.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |